- 1/2 large (750g) butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2/3 cup (160ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250g) fresh ricotta cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 24cm springform tin; line base with baking paper.
- 2Toss the pumpkin with 2 tablespoons of the oil and nutmeg on an oven tray; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- 3Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until soft. Remove from the heat. Using tongs, toss the spinach through the onion mixture until wilted a little.
- 4Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the remaining oil; mix well. Add the flour; whisk until smooth. Stir in the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Toss the pumpkin through the onion mixture. The spinach will wilt further.
- 6Place half the pumpkin mixture in the base of the pan; pour over half the egg mixture. Shake the pan to settle the egg around the vegetables. Spoon the remaining pumpkin mixture on top; top with the remaining egg mixture.
- 7Drop spoonfuls of the ricotta over the top. Using a spoon, burrow down a little so that there is some ricotta nestled inside the pie as well. Bake for about 45 minutes or until browned and firm in the centre.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019