- 1/2 large (750g) butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2/3 cup (160ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 100 gram baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250g) fresh ricotta cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 24cm springform tin; line base with baking paper.
- 2Toss the pumpkin with 2 tablespoons of the oil and nutmeg on an oven tray; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- 3Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until soft. Remove from the heat. Using tongs, toss the spinach through the onion mixture until wilted a little.
- 4Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the remaining oil; mix well. Add the flour; whisk until smooth. Stir in the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Toss the pumpkin through the onion mixture. The spinach will wilt further.
- 6Place half the pumpkin mixture in the base of the pan; pour over half the egg mixture. Shake the pan to settle the egg around the vegetables. Spoon the remaining pumpkin mixture on top; top with the remaining egg mixture.
- 7Drop spoonfuls of the ricotta over the top. Using a spoon, burrow down a little so that there is some ricotta nestled inside the pie as well. Bake for about 45 minutes or until browned and firm in the centre.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsToday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019