- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- pitta crisps, to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion (170g), halved, sliced
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place pumpkin, garlic and oil on the tray; toss to coat. Season. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- 3Squeeze garlic from skins into a food processer. Add roasted pumpkin, tahini, extra oil and the vinegar; process until smooth. Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, make spiced chickpeas.
- 5Serve pumpkin dip topped with chickpeas, and with pitta crisps.
- 6Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until soft. Add chickpeas and garlic; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in spices and chilli; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in the molasses; season to taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021