- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- pitta crisps, to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion (170g), halved, sliced
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place pumpkin, garlic and oil on the tray; toss to coat. Season. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- 3Squeeze garlic from skins into a food processer. Add roasted pumpkin, tahini, extra oil and the vinegar; process until smooth. Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, make spiced chickpeas.
- 5Serve pumpkin dip topped with chickpeas, and with pitta crisps.
- 6Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until soft. Add chickpeas and garlic; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in spices and chilli; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in the molasses; season to taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022