- 1.8 kilogram potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 medium (140g) lemon, cut into wedges
- coarse salt
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 2Place potato in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then drain. Stand for a few minutes or until potato is dry.
- 3Meanwhile, pour oil into a shallow roasting pan, place in the oven for 2 minutes or until oil is hot. Add potato and lemon to hot oil, shake until well coated, season with salt. Bake for 40 minutes or until potato is golden and tender.
You could add fresh parsley, rosemary, green olives or cherry tomatoes to the potato for extra flavour. For perfect roast potatoes crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside you need to choose a floury potato, such as coliban or king edward; all-rounder varieties, such as sebago and royal blue, are also fine to use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021