- 1.8 kilogram potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 medium (140g) lemon, cut into wedges
- coarse salt
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 2Place potato in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then drain. Stand for a few minutes or until potato is dry.
- 3Meanwhile, pour oil into a shallow roasting pan, place in the oven for 2 minutes or until oil is hot. Add potato and lemon to hot oil, shake until well coated, season with salt. Bake for 40 minutes or until potato is golden and tender.
You could add fresh parsley, rosemary, green olives or cherry tomatoes to the potato for extra flavour. For perfect roast potatoes crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside you need to choose a floury potato, such as coliban or king edward; all-rounder varieties, such as sebago and royal blue, are also fine to use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021