- 1.25 kg pork fillets
- 5 fresh bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g butter, chopped
- 1 small red onion (100g), quartered
- 3 medium yellow peaches (450g),halved, stones removed, cut into wedges
- 3 nectarines (500g), halved, stones removed, cut into wedges
- 1¼ cups (310ml) sparkling wine
- fresh red currants, optional, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200'C fan forced.
- 2Create a wreath with the pork fillets by tying the two ends together with kitchen string, overlapping by 4cm.
- 3Tie string at 5cm intervals around the fillets, tucking in bay leaves. Season pork all over.
- 4Heat oil and half the butter in a flameproof roasting pan over high heat. Cook pork wreath, bay leaf-side down, for 3 minutes or until well browned. Turn pork. Add onion, peach and nectarine to pan, arranging around the wreath. Roast for 15 minutes or until fruit is just starting to blister.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/160'C fan forced. Add ½ cup of the wine to pan; roast for a further 10 minutes or until pork is just cooked through and fruit is soft and just holding its shape. Transfer pork and fruit to a platter, cover loosely with foil; rest for 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, place roasting pan over high heat. Add remaining wine; bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds. Stir in remaining butter with any resting juices from pork until smooth. Cook for 1 minute or until combined; season to taste.
- 7Serve pork wreath with roasted fruit, onions and sauce. Top with red currants, if you like.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. Pork can be tied a day ahead; refrigerate covered until ready to cook.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022