- 400 gram canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 650 gram small kumara, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 2 pears (500g), unpeeled, cut into eight wedges
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (280g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 200 gram rocket leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Pat chickpeas dry with paper towel; place on an oven tray. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over chickpeas, sprinkle with half the fennel seeds and half the rosemary; season. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chickpeas are golden and crisp.
- 3Reduce oven to 180°C/350°F. Combine kumara and pears on a large oven tray with remaining oil, fennel and rosemary; season. Bake for 40 minutes or until kumara and pears are browned and tender.
- 4Meanwhile, soak cranberries in the boiling water for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the soaking liquid.
- 5Combine yoghurt, tahini and reserved cranberry soaking liquid in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 6To serve, arrange rocket, kumara and pears on a large platter; top with chickpeas and cranberries, then drizzle with yoghurt mixture.
Leaving fruit and vegetables unpeeled not only speeds up preparation time, it also makes good nutritonal sense, upping the fibre content of a dish (and in the case of sweet potatoes, the antioxidant content), since the skin contains triple that of the flesh.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019
- Waffles à la suzetteJun 04, 2019
- Vegetable and chickpea frittersJun 04, 2019