- 400 gram canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 650 gram small kumara, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 2 pears (500g), unpeeled, cut into eight wedges
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (280g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 200 gram rocket leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Pat chickpeas dry with paper towel; place on an oven tray. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over chickpeas, sprinkle with half the fennel seeds and half the rosemary; season. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chickpeas are golden and crisp.
- 3Reduce oven to 180°C/350°F. Combine kumara and pears on a large oven tray with remaining oil, fennel and rosemary; season. Bake for 40 minutes or until kumara and pears are browned and tender.
- 4Meanwhile, soak cranberries in the boiling water for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the soaking liquid.
- 5Combine yoghurt, tahini and reserved cranberry soaking liquid in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 6To serve, arrange rocket, kumara and pears on a large platter; top with chickpeas and cranberries, then drizzle with yoghurt mixture.
Leaving fruit and vegetables unpeeled not only speeds up preparation time, it also makes good nutritonal sense, upping the fibre content of a dish (and in the case of sweet potatoes, the antioxidant content), since the skin contains triple that of the flesh.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021