- 125 gram plain chocolate biscuits
- 75 gram butter, melted
- 2 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 gram dark chocolate, melted
- 2 x 85g cherry ripe bars, chopped coarsely
- 425 gram can seeded black cherries in syrup, drained
- 1Grease 24cm springform tin.
- 2Blend or process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter; process until just combined. Using one hand, press biscuit mixture evenly over base of prepared tin. Cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 4Meanwhile, beat cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth; add eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Gradually beat in chocolate; fold Cherry Ripe and cherries into cheesecake mixture.
- 5Place tin on oven tray. Spread cheesecake mixture into tin; bake about 50 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; cool to room temperature. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 6Serve cheesecake decorated with chocolate roses, if desired.
Use absorbent paper to soak up liquid from the cherries. Chocolate should be cool, but not set, before it is added to the cheesecake mixture. To make chocolate roses, melt your choice of chocolate then spread evenly over marble or a foil-covered surface. When chocolate is almost set, drag ice-cream scoop over surface of chocolate to make roses.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesYesterday 12:35am
- Rocky roadOct 22, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Chinese omelettesOct 22, 2020
- Sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Traditional shortbreadOct 22, 2020
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceOct 22, 2020
- Sticky glazed slow-roast pork neckOct 22, 2020
- Roast vegetable terrineOct 22, 2020
- Morning and afternoon tea recipesOct 22, 2020
- Fruit mince piesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin and couscous saladOct 22, 2020
- Lemon and sugar pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladOct 22, 2020
- Curried pasta saladOct 22, 2020