- 125 gram plain chocolate biscuits
- 75 gram butter, melted
- 2 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 gram dark chocolate, melted
- 2 x 85g cherry ripe bars, chopped coarsely
- 425 gram can seeded black cherries in syrup, drained
- 1Grease 24cm springform tin.
- 2Blend or process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter; process until just combined. Using one hand, press biscuit mixture evenly over base of prepared tin. Cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 4Meanwhile, beat cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth; add eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Gradually beat in chocolate; fold Cherry Ripe and cherries into cheesecake mixture.
- 5Place tin on oven tray. Spread cheesecake mixture into tin; bake about 50 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; cool to room temperature. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 6Serve cheesecake decorated with chocolate roses, if desired.
Use absorbent paper to soak up liquid from the cherries. Chocolate should be cool, but not set, before it is added to the cheesecake mixture. To make chocolate roses, melt your choice of chocolate then spread evenly over marble or a foil-covered surface. When chocolate is almost set, drag ice-cream scoop over surface of chocolate to make roses.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsYesterday 5:00pm
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019