- 1 brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 carrot, chopped coarsely
- 1 trimmed celery stalk, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 gram butter
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 italian-style sausages
- 500 gram veal and pork mince
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60ml) beef stock
- 425 gram can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 500 gram rigatoni
- 1/4 cup (20g) coarsely grated parmesan
- 1Blend or process onion, carrot and celery until chopped finely.
- 2Heat oil and butter in large saucepan; cook onion mixture and garlic, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, squeeze filling from sausages; discard casings. Add sausage filling and mince to pan; cook, stirring, until meat is browned lightly.
- 4Add paste to pan with wine, stirring to combine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Add stock and undrained tomatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until bolognese thickens. Stir in herbs.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- 6Divide pasta among serving bowls, top with bolognese; sprinkle with parmesan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020