- 250 gram ricotta cheese
- 3 59g eggs
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- maple syrup, fruit of choice, to serve
- 1Place ricotta, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl and beat with a wire whisk until mixture is smooth, then whisk in milk.
- 2Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually beat in ricotta mixture to form a smooth batter. You can add a little extra milk if batter is too thick.
- 3Pour ¼ cup of the batter into a heated, greased frypan; cook until bubbles form on surface of the batter, then turn pancake and cook until the other side is golden. Remove pancake from pan and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter, re-greasing frypan as necessary.
- 4Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup and fruit of your choice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022