- 250 gram ricotta cheese
- 3 59g eggs
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- maple syrup, fruit of choice, to serve
- 1Place ricotta, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl and beat with a wire whisk until mixture is smooth, then whisk in milk.
- 2Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually beat in ricotta mixture to form a smooth batter. You can add a little extra milk if batter is too thick.
- 3Pour ¼ cup of the batter into a heated, greased frypan; cook until bubbles form on surface of the batter, then turn pancake and cook until the other side is golden. Remove pancake from pan and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter, re-greasing frypan as necessary.
- 4Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup and fruit of your choice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020