- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 1 kilogram ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (40g) sultanas
- 1/4 cup (80g) finely chopped glacé fruit salad
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1Beat butter in bowl with an electric mixer until smooth but not changed in colour. Add caster sugar and egg; beat until just combined.
- 2Stir in half of the sifted flours with a wooden spoon; work remaining flour in with hands. Knead pastry gently on floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Grease a 28cm springform tin.
- 4Roll pastry between sheets of floured baking paper until large enough to line base of tin. Place pastry in tin, press into base. Lightly prick with a fork, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 6Cover pastry with baking paper, fill with beans or rice; bake 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans, bake a further 15 minutes or until browned lightly; cool.
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 8Make filling: Blend or process ricotta, caster sugar, eggs, rind, juice and extract until smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl; gently fold in sultanas and glacé fruit salad. Pour ricotta mixture over pastry base.
- 9Bake about 50 minutes or until filling is set; cool. Refrigerate 2 hours or until completely cooled. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar.
Glacé fruit salad is available from specialty food stores and some cheese counters. If unavailable, substitute glacé peaches, apricots or oranges.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021