- 1 vanilla bean
- 750 gram ricotta
- 1/2 cup (175g) honey
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 3 medium_piece free-range eggs
- 150 gram dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped finely
- 1 cup (160g) small red grapes
- 150 gram little bunches red grapes, extra
- 1 tablespoon honey, extra
- 1Preheat the oven to 150°C. Grease a 22cm springform pan; line base and side with baking paper, extending the paper 3cm above the edge.
- 2Split vanilla bean in half lengthways; scrape seeds into a large bowl of an electric mixer. Add ricotta, honey, sugar and rind to bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- 3Beat in eggs, one at time, until just combined. Stir in chocolate and half the grapes. Pour mixture into pan; top with remaining grapes.
- 4Bake cheesecake for 55 minutes or until the centre is almost firm to touch. Cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- 5Refrigerate cheesecake for 4 hours, or until firm.
- 6Just before serving, top cheesecake with extra grapes; drizzle with extra honey.
Buy fresh ricotta cut from a wheel from a deli or from the deli counter of a supermarket for the best texture. Pre-packaged ricotta will be too wet for this recipe. Cooling the cheesecake in the oven after it has been turned off, ensures that it will cool slowly and prevent the top from cracking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021