- 1¼ cups (250g) basmati rice
- 2 corn cobs (500g)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 red capsicum (200g), diced
- ½ cup (60g) pitted sicilian green olives, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Rinse rice in a sieve under cold running water, until water runs clear. Place rice and 1¾ cups (430ml) water in a medium heavy based saucepan; bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low; cook for 12 minutes or until tender. Remove pan from heat; stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; cool.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over high heat. Peel back the corn husks; remove and discard the silks. Cook corn, turning, for 15 minutes, or until lightly charred all over. Cool slightly, then cut kernels from cobs.
- 3To make the dressing, whisk oil, mustard and lemon juice in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 4Place rice and corn in a large bowl with capsicum, olives, parsley and dressing; toss to combine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020