Looking for more rice salad recipes?
- 1¼ cups (250g) basmati rice
- 2 corn cobs (500g)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 red capsicum (200g), diced
- ½ cup (60g) pitted sicilian green olives, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Rinse rice in a sieve under cold running water, until water runs clear. Place rice and 1¾ cups (430ml) water in a medium heavy based saucepan; bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low; cook for 12 minutes or until tender. Remove pan from heat; stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; cool.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over high heat. Peel back the corn husks; remove and discard the silks. Cook corn, turning, for 15 minutes, or until lightly charred all over. Cool slightly, then cut kernels from cobs.
- 3To make the dressing, whisk oil, mustard and lemon juice in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 4Place rice and corn in a large bowl with capsicum, olives, parsley and dressing; toss to combine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Broccoli riceJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasToday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansToday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesToday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesYesterday 11:12pm
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Lamb rack with sourdough, lemon and herb crustYesterday 10:43pm
- Lamb chops with slow-roast tomatoesYesterday 9:00pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast stuffed mushroomsYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato samosasYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast and brunch recipesYesterday 1:00pm