Looking for more rice salad recipes?
- 1¼ cups (250g) basmati rice
- 2 corn cobs (500g)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 red capsicum (200g), diced
- ½ cup (60g) pitted sicilian green olives, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Rinse rice in a sieve under cold running water, until water runs clear. Place rice and 1¾ cups (430ml) water in a medium heavy based saucepan; bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low; cook for 12 minutes or until tender. Remove pan from heat; stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; cool.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over high heat. Peel back the corn husks; remove and discard the silks. Cook corn, turning, for 15 minutes, or until lightly charred all over. Cool slightly, then cut kernels from cobs.
- 3To make the dressing, whisk oil, mustard and lemon juice in a large bowl; season to taste.
- 4Place rice and corn in a large bowl with capsicum, olives, parsley and dressing; toss to combine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- What food is in season in May?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021