- 1/2 cup (100g) doongara rice
- 2 2/3 cup (660ml) skim milk
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (40g) raisins
- 1Bring rice and ½ cup water to the boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed.
- 2Add 2 cups of the milk, sugar and raisins; simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Serve rice warm with remaining milk.
If you cannot find doongara rice, use white long-grain rice instead. Doongara rice was developed and is grown in Australia. It's a white, long-grain rice similar to basmati, and has a higher content of amylose (starch) than other rice, which means it is more slowly digested it has a lower glycaemic index than most other rice varieties.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022