- 1/2 cup (100g) doongara rice
- 2 2/3 cup (660ml) skim milk
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (40g) raisins
- 1Bring rice and ½ cup water to the boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed.
- 2Add 2 cups of the milk, sugar and raisins; simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Serve rice warm with remaining milk.
If you cannot find doongara rice, use white long-grain rice instead. Doongara rice was developed and is grown in Australia. It's a white, long-grain rice similar to basmati, and has a higher content of amylose (starch) than other rice, which means it is more slowly digested it has a lower glycaemic index than most other rice varieties.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Strawberry and almond friand sliceYesterday 9:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaYesterday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeYesterday 6:41am
- Chocolate caramel semifreddo with honeycomb and mandarinYesterday 5:51am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesYesterday 5:13am
- Magical mandarin recipesYesterday 4:37am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019