- 3/4 cup (75g) rolled rice
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) skim milk
Dried fruit compote
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) water
- 1/2 cup (75g) dried apricots, chopped coarsley
- 1/2 cup (75g) dried pears, chopped coarsley
- 1/3 cup (50g) dried peaches, chopped coarsley
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated finely
- 1 cinnamon stick
Rice porridge with dried fruit compote
- 1Cover rolled rice with the water in small bowl; stand overnight.
- 2Make dried fruit compote. Halve vanilla bean lengthways, place in medium saucepan with water, apricots, pears, peaches, honey lemon rind and cinnamon stick; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Remove vanilla bean and cinnamon stick before serving.
- 4Place undrained rolled rice in medium saucepan; cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Add milk, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Serve with compote.
Rolled rice is a gluten-free flaked cereal similar to, and a good substitute for, rolled oats. It is available in supermarkets and health-food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019