- 2 tablespoon oil
- 300 gram chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1cm cubes
- 120 gram button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions (shallots), finely chopped
- 3/4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 cup cooked jasmine rice (2/3 cup raw), warmed
- 8 eggs
- oyster sauce, to serve
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Heat half of oil in a frying pan on high.
- 2Cook chicken 4 minutes, until browned and cooked through; remove from pan. Cook mushrooms and chilli 3 minutes, until tender.
- 3Return chicken to pan with green onion, coriander and rice; stir gently and season to taste. Keep warm.
- 4Whisk together eggs and water; season.
- 5Heat 1/4 tablespoon of oil in a medium non-stick frying pan on high. Add one-quarter of egg mixture; cook 2 minutes, until just set. Spoon one-quarter of rice mixture onto half of omelette; fold to enclose. Slide onto a plate; drizzle with oyster sauce.
- 6Repeat with remaining oil, egg and rice mixture, to make three more omelettes. Serve hot.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- How to cook lamb backstrapNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 20, 2019