- 2 cup (400g) sushi rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), cut into matchsticks
- 250 gram minced (ground) beef
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, extra
- 1 cup (260g) kimchi, chopped
- 2 cup (500ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, extra
- 1Rinse rice under running water until water runs clear.
- 2Set rice cooker to sauté or regular cook function. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil to cooker; cook carrot and zucchini, stirring, for 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from cooker.
- 3Heat another 2 teaspoons of oil in cooker; cook beef and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in sauce and sugar; remove from cooker, cover to keep warm.
- 4Place another 2 teaspoons of the oil, rice, extra garlic, half of the kimchi and the boiling water in the cooker; stir to combine then close lid. Set to regular cook function.
- 5In the last 5 minutes of the cooking time, top the kimchi mixture with zucchini, carrot, beef, bean sprouts and remaining kimchi, keeping each ingredient separate.
- 6To serve, place the egg yolks into the centre of the bibimbap and stir to combine; drizzle with the extra oil.
Kimchi is a spicy fermented cabbage used in Korean cooking and as a condiment; it is available from Asian food stores and some delis. Bibimbap is a popular every-day Korean dish of rice, topped with vegetables, meat and a raw egg; it is designed to be mixed together at the last moment to combine all the flavours. Our recipe is speedily made in a rice cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesToday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesToday 12:20am
- Scone recipesYesterday 11:38pm
- PikeletsYesterday 6:00pm
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Irish soda bread rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter baking ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 classic baking recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter carrot cake with spiced buttercream & caramel sauceYesterday 2:30am
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020