Rice bubble cupcakes with fairy floss
- 100 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup rice bubbles
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- candy floss
- 1Combine butter, honey and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat gently to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar, then increase the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- 2Add rice bubbles and stir well until sticky. Spoon a tablespoon into each lightly greased hole of a mini muffin tin and press down. Leave to cool and harden, then store in an air-tight container.
- 3When ready to serve, top with a dollop of vanilla frosting and finish with candy floss.
Good old-fashioned rice-bubble cake forms the base of these cupcake-style treats. Make the bubble bases the day before, then simply top with a dollop of icing and a puff of fairy floss.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021