Rice bubble cupcakes with fairy floss
- 100 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup rice bubbles
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- candy floss
- 1Combine butter, honey and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat gently to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar, then increase the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- 2Add rice bubbles and stir well until sticky. Spoon a tablespoon into each lightly greased hole of a mini muffin tin and press down. Leave to cool and harden, then store in an air-tight container.
- 3When ready to serve, top with a dollop of vanilla frosting and finish with candy floss.
Good old-fashioned rice-bubble cake forms the base of these cupcake-style treats. Make the bubble bases the day before, then simply top with a dollop of icing and a puff of fairy floss.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020