Rice bubble cupcakes with fairy floss
- 100 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup rice bubbles
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- candy floss
- 1Combine butter, honey and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat gently to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar, then increase the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- 2Add rice bubbles and stir well until sticky. Spoon a tablespoon into each lightly greased hole of a mini muffin tin and press down. Leave to cool and harden, then store in an air-tight container.
- 3When ready to serve, top with a dollop of vanilla frosting and finish with candy floss.
Good old-fashioned rice-bubble cake forms the base of these cupcake-style treats. Make the bubble bases the day before, then simply top with a dollop of icing and a puff of fairy floss.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am