- cooking-oil spray
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (165g) coarsely chopped rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 egg-whites
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C) fan-forced.
- 2Spray inside of four 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes with cooking-oil. Sprinkle base and sides of dishes with 2 tablespoons of the caster sugar. Stand dishes on oven tray.
- 3Combine rhubarb, water and 2 tablespoons of caster sugar. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Transfer mixture to medium heatproof bowl.
- 4Meanwhile, beat egg-whites in small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining caster sugar; beat until firm peaks form.
- 5Fold egg-white mixture into warm rhubarb mixture, in two batches. Spoon mixture into dishes. Bake in oven about 12 minutes.
- 6Serve souffles immediately, dusted with sifted icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeYesterday 6:02am
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Leek and mushroom lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Lasagne recipe collectionJun 26, 2022
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelJun 26, 2022