- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (20g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (55g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 60 gram butter, chopped
Rhubarb crumble cake
- 150 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 1 bunch (400g) thin-stemmed rhubarb, trimmed, chopped into 2cm pieces
Rhubarb crumble cake
- 1To make crumble topping, place dry ingredients in a medium bowl; rub in butter using fingertips.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm springform pan; line the base and side with baking paper.
- 3Beat the butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and buttermilk in two batches.
- 4Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared pan; smooth top. Sprinkle with rhubarb then crumble topping.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake for a further 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in pan. Dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Jam roll puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Hungarian goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty tagine recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020