- 1 2/3 cup (410ml) coconut cream
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (75g) red curry paste
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 fresh kaffir lime leaves, shredded finely
- 1.5 kilogram rindless boneless pork belly, chopped coarsely
- 2 kumara, chopped coarsely
- 500 gram snake beans, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh thai basil leaves
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf, shredded finely, extra
- 1Combine coconut cream, stock, paste, sauce and lime leaves in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; add pork and kumara. Cook, covered, on high, 4 hours.
- 2Skim fat from surface. Stir in beans; cook, covered, on high, 30 minutes. Season to taste.
- 3Serve topped with basil, chilli and extra shredded lime leaf.
To freeze: Complete the recipe to end of step 2. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm (1 inch) space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through. Ask the butcher to chop the pork belly for you.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020