- 1 2/3 cup (410ml) coconut cream
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (75g) red curry paste
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 fresh kaffir lime leaves, shredded finely
- 1.5 kilogram rindless boneless pork belly, chopped coarsely
- 2 kumara, chopped coarsely
- 500 gram snake beans, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh thai basil leaves
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf, shredded finely, extra
- 1Combine coconut cream, stock, paste, sauce and lime leaves in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; add pork and kumara. Cook, covered, on high, 4 hours.
- 2Skim fat from surface. Stir in beans; cook, covered, on high, 30 minutes. Season to taste.
- 3Serve topped with basil, chilli and extra shredded lime leaf.
To freeze: Complete the recipe to end of step 2. Pack into freezer-proof containers, leaving a 2.5cm (1 inch) space to allow for expansion. Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan or microwave on medium power (50%) until heated through. Ask the butcher to chop the pork belly for you.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese omeletteYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021