- 1 1/2 cup (300g) jasmine rice
- 3 1/4 cup (800ml) coconut milk
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
- 2 fresh small red thai chillies,sliced thinly
- 4 centimetre piece fresh ginger (20g), chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander root
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 2 x 440g red emperor fillets,skinned
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1Cook rice in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, combine coconut milk, lime leaves, chilli, ginger, sauce, juice, coriander root, lemon grass and sugar in large frying pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer,uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 3Add fish; simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Remove from heat; stir in coriander. Serve fish with coconut sauce on rice.
Red emperor has a firm, flaky texture and a delicate, moist flavour. It's great pan-fried, barbecued, grilled, baked... a really delicious fish however you choose to cook it. Snapper or goldband snapper are acceptable substitutes if you can't get emperor.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021