- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion
- 500 gram pork fillet, diced
- 3 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 gram green beans, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb sea salt
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice, rinsed
- fresh lemon zest and shredded basil to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and saute the onion, pork and red curry paste for 3-4 minutes until just coloured.
- 2Whisk together 2 cups of the water and the tomato paste, add to the pork along with the beans and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- 3Add combined cornflour and remaining ½ cup water, then stir into the pork, mixing until glossy and thickened.
- 4To cook the rice, heat the stock with the lemon zest, salt, cardamom, bay leaves and basil, add the rice and cover. Turn to the lowest heat setting and cook for 10 minutes – checking after 8 minutes – until the rice is al dente.
- 5Remove cardamom, bay leaves and basil before serving. Serve the red curry pork over the seasoned rice and top with fresh lemon and basil.
This is a fast-cooking dish, a bit like a stir-fry but with fabulous curry flavours. Use pork fillet if you can so it stays tender, and add a few extra stir-fry style vegetables if you wish. The lemon and herb rice is a great change from plain white rice and makes the meal a bit more special.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022