Real cherry jam
- 2 kilogram pitted, chopped cherries, stems removed
- 2/3 cup dark rum or kirsch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, grated zest of 2 lemons
- 4 cup sugar
- brioche, fresh ricotta, to serve
Real cherry jam
- 1In a large, heavy-based saucepan, combine cherries, rum, zest and juice. Heat on medium and bring to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes, until cherries soften slightly.
- 2Reduce heat to low and add sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and cook 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until setting point is reached.
- 3Pour cherry jam into warm, sterilised jars and seal. Serve on brioche topped with a dollop of fresh ricotta.
Stir jam a little while cooking, to help prevent it from sticking. Sterilise jars easily by rinsing and baking in a moderate oven, 180°C, 10 minutes. Remove and cover with a clean tea towel.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021