Real cherry jam
- 2 kilogram pitted, chopped cherries, stems removed
- 2/3 cup dark rum or kirsch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, grated zest of 2 lemons
- 4 cup sugar
- brioche, fresh ricotta, to serve
Real cherry jam
- 1In a large, heavy-based saucepan, combine cherries, rum, zest and juice. Heat on medium and bring to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes, until cherries soften slightly.
- 2Reduce heat to low and add sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and cook 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until setting point is reached.
- 3Pour cherry jam into warm, sterilised jars and seal. Serve on brioche topped with a dollop of fresh ricotta.
Stir jam a little while cooking, to help prevent it from sticking. Sterilise jars easily by rinsing and baking in a moderate oven, 180°C, 10 minutes. Remove and cover with a clean tea towel.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020