- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 slice pancetta (90g)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 700 gram bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 625 gram spinach and ricotta ravioli
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan; cook pancetta until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper; break into pieces.
- 2Cook garlic in same pan, stirring, 1 minute. Add sauce, wine and basil; bring to the boil. Add peas, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, cook ravioli in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain. Return ravioli to pan, add sauce; toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls; top with pancetta.
Pancetta is an Italian unsmoked bacon available from delicatessens; pork belly cured in salt and spices then rolled into a sausage shape and dried for several weeks. It is used, sliced or chopped, as an ingredient rather than eaten on its own. Bacon can be substituted for the pancetta, if you prefer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpToday 1:00pm
- French toastToday 1:00pm
- Honey joysToday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019