- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium red onions (340g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium eggplant (300g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium red capsicums (400g), chopped coarsely
- 4 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 2 medium green zucchini (240g), chopped coarsely
- 800 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 2 x 110g mini french bread sticks
- 300 gram ricotta
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
Ratatouille soup with pistou
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, 5 minutes or until soft. Add eggplant, capsicum and garlic; cook, covered, over low heat, 20 minutes or until soft.
- 2Add zucchini, tomatoes and stock; simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, make pistou. Blend or process garlic, olive oil and basil until almost smooth; season to taste. Transfer to a small bowl; cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- 4Preheat grill. Split bread lengthways, then in half crossways. Spread with 2 tablespoons of the pistou then ricotta; sprinkle with parmesan. Place on an oven tray under the grill until browned lightly.
- 5Ladle soup into serving bowls; top with remaining pistou. Serve with bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm