Ratatouille & lamb salad
- 5 baby eggplants (300g), sliced thickly
- 1 medium zucchini (120g), sliced thickly lengthways
- 1 red onion (170g), halved, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), quartered lengthways, seeds removed
- 1 medium yellow capsicum (200g), quartered lengthways, seeds removed
- 250 gram truss grape tomatoes
- 1 bulb garlic, halved crossways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 900 gram lamb backstraps
- 120 grams firm goats cheese
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon roasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
Lamb and ratatouille with pesto dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil two large shallow baking trays.
- 2Combine eggplant, zucchini, onion, capsicums, tomatoes, garlic and oil in a large bowl. Season. Divide vegetables between trays. Roast, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, make pesto dressing.Blend or process ingredients until smooth. Season to taste.
- 4Cook lamb in a heated large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked as desired. Remove from pan; rest, covered, for 5 minutes before slicing thickly.
- 5Serve lamb, vegetables and cheese on a large platter; drizzle with dressing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022