- 200 gram amaretti biscuits
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 75 gram butter, melted
- 125 gram raspberries
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 150 gram raspberries, extra
- 2 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugar, extra
- 500 gram cream cheese
- 300 gram ricotta
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 3 eggs
- 125 gram raspberries
- 1Grease a 20cm (8-inch) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Process biscuits and caster sugar until fine. With motor operating, gradually add butter until well combined. Press biscuit mixture over base of tin using the back of a spoon. Place tin on an oven tray; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced).
- 4Make raspberry ricotta filling pour filling into pan. Process cheeses, sugar and milk until smooth. Add eggs, process until combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, fold in raspberries.
- 5Bake cheesecake 50 minutes or until cooked around the edge and slightly wobbly in the middle. Turn oven off, cool cheesecake in oven 1 hour with the door ajar. (The top of the cheesecake may crack slightly on cooling, but it will be covered before serving.) Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, until firm.
- 6Process raspberries, icing sugar and the water until pureed. Strain through a sieve into a small bowl. Spread puree over cheesecake, top with extra raspberries, dust with extra icing sugar.
Amaretti are Italian biscuits made from almonds, available from delicatessens and supermarkets. You can use thawed frozen raspberries for the raspberry sauce. Depending on the design of the springform pan, clip the base in upside down so the base is level and the cheesecake is easy to remove.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021