- 1/2 cup (160g) raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 40 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen raspberries, crushed
- custard or double cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a six-hole, non-stick Texan muffin pan. Line each base with a round of baking paper.
- 2Divide the jam among the pan holes.
- 3Beat the eggs and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Fold in the sifted flour and milk, in two batches. Fold in the butter, vanilla and frozen raspberries.
- 4Divide mixture among pan holes. Grease a large sheet of foil and place it loosely over the muffin pan, securing it around the edges.
- 5Place a folded clean tea towel in the base of a large baking dish and sit the muffin pan on top. Pour enough boiling water into the baking dish so that it comes halfway up the muffin pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove muffin pan from baking dish; stand for 2 minutes.
- 7Place a large sheet of baking paper on the kitchen bench. Turn the puddings out onto the baking paper. Allow the muffin pan to sit over the puddings for a few minutes, allowing the jam to run from the base of the pan. Transfer to individual serving plates and serve with a generous spoonful of custard or double cream.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022