- 250 gram butter, softened
- 2 cup (440 grams) caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (150 grams) plain flour
- 1/2 (75 grams) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (110 grams) hazelnut meal
- 2/3 cup (160 grams) sour cream
- 300 gram fresh or frozen raspberries
- fresh raspberries, extra, for serving
- 1 cup (250 grams) mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) roasted hazelnuts, chopped finely
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions. (The mixture will curdle at this stage, but will come together later.)
- 3Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in sifted flours, hazelnut meal and sour cream. Fold in raspberries and spread mixture into pan.
- 4Bake about 1 hour 30 minutes. Stand cake in pan 10 minutes; turn, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 5To make mascarpone crea: combine mascarpone, icing sugar, liqueur and sour cream in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth; stir in nuts.
- 6Place cold cake on a serving plate.
- 7Spread cake all over with mascarpone cream. Top and serve with extra fresh raspberries, if desired.
If using frozen raspberries, don't thaw them; frozen berries are less likely to bleed into the cake mixture.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 10 sweet festive favouritesToday 4:00am
- How to make honeycomb from scratchToday 12:29am
- Apple pieToday 12:29am
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Fresh apricot jamYesterday 8:00pm
- PikeletsYesterday 5:00pm
- Vegetarian pasta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Green saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 brilliant blinis to share with friendsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky date puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Panettone tiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato bakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast recipes for Christmas morningYesterday 1:00pm