- 6 egg whites
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 100 gram coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 100 gram fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugar, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease eight ½-cup (125ml) rectangular friand pans; stand on oven tray.
- 2Place egg whites in medium bowl; whisk lightly with a fork until combined. Add butter, ground almonds, sifted icing sugar and flour, and chocolate. Using wooden spoon, stir until just combined. Divide mixture between pans.
- 3Bake friands for 10 minutes; top with raspberries. Bake a further 15 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Serve friands warm, or at room temperature, dusted with extra sifted icing sugar.
If using frozen berries, use them unthawed to minimise their colour bleeding into the friand mixture. Friands are at their best made on the day of serving, but they can be stored in an airtight container for two days, or frozen for up to three months. Frozen friands can be thawed, individually wrapped in foil, in a 180°C/350°F oven for about 15 minutes or in a microwave oven, wrapped in plastic wrap, on HIGH (100%)for about 30 seconds. Chop the white chocolate to about the size of a raisin
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020