- 6 egg whites
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 100 gram coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 100 gram fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugar, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease eight ½-cup (125ml) rectangular friand pans; stand on oven tray.
- 2Place egg whites in medium bowl; whisk lightly with a fork until combined. Add butter, ground almonds, sifted icing sugar and flour, and chocolate. Using wooden spoon, stir until just combined. Divide mixture between pans.
- 3Bake friands for 10 minutes; top with raspberries. Bake a further 15 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Serve friands warm, or at room temperature, dusted with extra sifted icing sugar.
If using frozen berries, use them unthawed to minimise their colour bleeding into the friand mixture. Friands are at their best made on the day of serving, but they can be stored in an airtight container for two days, or frozen for up to three months. Frozen friands can be thawed, individually wrapped in foil, in a 180°C/350°F oven for about 15 minutes or in a microwave oven, wrapped in plastic wrap, on HIGH (100%)for about 30 seconds. Chop the white chocolate to about the size of a raisin
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022