- 2 cups (270g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- ¼ cup (25g) milk powder
- 80 grams (2½oz) butter, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 100 grams (3½oz) raspberries
- 180 grams (5½oz) good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free self-raising flour, extra
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, extra
- raspberry jam and whipped cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine sifted flour and milk powder in a large bowl. Add butter; using your fingertips, rub into flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and gently mix in buttermilk until almost combined. Add raspberries and chocolate; stir until just combined.
- 3Dust work suface with extra flour. Turn dough out, lightly knead to bring together. Roll out until 1.5cm (¾in) thick. Cut dough out using a 6cm (2½in) gluten-free floured cutter, re-rolling scraps as you go. Place scones, side-by-side, almost touching
on tray. Brush with extra buttercream.
- 4Bake scones for 12 minutes or until browned lightly and cooked through. Serve immediately with jam and cream.
Mix up a different flavoured batch of scones by simply varying the type of berries that you use. Try quartered cherries, blueberries or blackberries and serve with a matching jam.Depending on the brand of flour you use, you may need to add extra flour. The scone dough should feel soft and slightly sticky to the touch. Scones are best eaten warm on the day they are made.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021