- 2 cups (270g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- ¼ cup (25g) milk powder
- 80 grams (2½oz) butter, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 100 grams (3½oz) raspberries
- 180 grams (5½oz) good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free self-raising flour, extra
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, extra
- raspberry jam and whipped cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine sifted flour and milk powder in a large bowl. Add butter; using your fingertips, rub into flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and gently mix in buttermilk until almost combined. Add raspberries and chocolate; stir until just combined.
- 3Dust work suface with extra flour. Turn dough out, lightly knead to bring together. Roll out until 1.5cm (¾in) thick. Cut dough out using a 6cm (2½in) gluten-free floured cutter, re-rolling scraps as you go. Place scones, side-by-side, almost touching
on tray. Brush with extra buttercream.
- 4Bake scones for 12 minutes or until browned lightly and cooked through. Serve immediately with jam and cream.
Mix up a different flavoured batch of scones by simply varying the type of berries that you use. Try quartered cherries, blueberries or blackberries and serve with a matching jam.Depending on the brand of flour you use, you may need to add extra flour. The scone dough should feel soft and slightly sticky to the touch. Scones are best eaten warm on the day they are made.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesYesterday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020