Rainbow pavlova cake
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- blue, red, yellow, green food colouring gels
- 600 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- quartered strawberries, chopped kiwi fruit, orange segments, fresh passionfruit pulp, to serve
- mint sprigs, to serve
Rainbow pavlova cake
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced. Line 4 oven trays with baking paper. Using a pencil and a 20cm plate as a guide, mark a disc on each piece of baking paper. Turn paper over.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large, clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and firm peaks form. Add cornflour and vinegar; beat until combined.
- 3Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Tint each portion with one of the food colourings. Spread each portion onto prepared trays. Bake for 1½ hours or until dry to the touch, swapping trays halfway during cooking. Using an electric mixer beat cream and vanilla in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 4To assemble pavlova, place the blue meringue on a serving platter. Spread with a quarter of the cream. Repeat layers finishing with cream. Top with fruit, mint and a dusting of icing sugar. Serve immediately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Orange, semolina and rhubarb cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm