Rainbow pavlova cake
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- blue, red, yellow, green food colouring gels
- 600 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- quartered strawberries, chopped kiwi fruit, orange segments, fresh passionfruit pulp, to serve
- mint sprigs, to serve
Rainbow pavlova cake
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced. Line 4 oven trays with baking paper. Using a pencil and a 20cm plate as a guide, mark a disc on each piece of baking paper. Turn paper over.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large, clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and firm peaks form. Add cornflour and vinegar; beat until combined.
- 3Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Tint each portion with one of the food colourings. Spread each portion onto prepared trays. Bake for 1½ hours or until dry to the touch, swapping trays halfway during cooking. Using an electric mixer beat cream and vanilla in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 4To assemble pavlova, place the blue meringue on a serving platter. Spread with a quarter of the cream. Repeat layers finishing with cream. Top with fruit, mint and a dusting of icing sugar. Serve immediately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- DukkahJan 13, 2022
- Bourbon butter 1kg peach pieJan 13, 2022