Rainbow jelly cakes
- 250 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 80g packet raspberry jelly crystals
- 1 80g packet pineapple jelly crystals
- 1 80g packet blueberry jelly crystals
- 2 cup (160g) dessicated coconut
Rainbow jelly cakes
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease two 12-hole, round-based patty pans.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. On a low speed, add beaten egg, a little at a time, alternating with a spoonful of flour. Gradually add milk, then the remaining flour and salt.
- 3Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each of the patty cake holes; bake 10-12 minutes, or until firm to the touch and golden brown. Cool cakes in pan 2 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4Meanwhile, make the jellies according to packet instructions in three separate bowls; refrigerate until jelly is set to consistency of unbeaten egg whites. Place half the coconut onto a wide, flat plate.
- 5Dip each cake into one of the jellies, alternating the colours; toss in the coconut (replace with remaining coconut when necessary). Place on prepared tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021