- 1/2 cup (100g) white quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) skim milk
- 1 medium_piece apple (150g), grated coarsely
- 100 gram red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoon pistachios, toasted, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Combine quinoa and the water in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add milk; cook, covered, a further 5 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- 2Stir in apple and half the grapes.
- 3Serve porridge, topped with remaining grapes, nuts and drizzled with honey.
We used a pink lady apple in this recipe. Most quinoa comes rinsed, but it's a good habit to rinse it yourself under cold water until the water runs clear, then drain it. This removes any remaining outer coating, which has a bitter taste. Quinoa absorbs a lot of liquid. Depending how you like your porridge, add a little boiling water at the end of step 1 to thin it out.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 10:02pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019