- 1/2 cup (100g) white quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) skim milk
- 1 medium_piece apple (150g), grated coarsely
- 100 gram red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoon pistachios, toasted, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Combine quinoa and the water in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add milk; cook, covered, a further 5 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- 2Stir in apple and half the grapes.
- 3Serve porridge, topped with remaining grapes, nuts and drizzled with honey.
We used a pink lady apple in this recipe. Most quinoa comes rinsed, but it's a good habit to rinse it yourself under cold water until the water runs clear, then drain it. This removes any remaining outer coating, which has a bitter taste. Quinoa absorbs a lot of liquid. Depending how you like your porridge, add a little boiling water at the end of step 1 to thin it out.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Strawberry and almond friand sliceYesterday 9:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaYesterday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeYesterday 6:41am
- Chocolate caramel semifreddo with honeycomb and mandarinYesterday 5:51am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesYesterday 5:13am
- Magical mandarin recipesYesterday 4:37am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019