- 1/2 cup (100g) white quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) skim milk
- 1 medium_piece apple (150g), grated coarsely
- 100 gram red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoon pistachios, toasted, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Combine quinoa and the water in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add milk; cook, covered, a further 5 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- 2Stir in apple and half the grapes.
- 3Serve porridge, topped with remaining grapes, nuts and drizzled with honey.
We used a pink lady apple in this recipe. Most quinoa comes rinsed, but it's a good habit to rinse it yourself under cold water until the water runs clear, then drain it. This removes any remaining outer coating, which has a bitter taste. Quinoa absorbs a lot of liquid. Depending how you like your porridge, add a little boiling water at the end of step 1 to thin it out.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 30 quick and easy recipesYesterday 11:46pm
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019