- ½ cup (100g) tri-colour quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 1 medium green capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon mexican chilli powder
- 375 grams bottled chipotle thick and chunky salsa
- 2½ cups (625ml) vegetable stock
- 800 canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 trimmed corn cobs (500g), kernels removed
- ½ cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 1Rinse quinoa well; drain.
- 2Heat oil in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker on sear (HIGH) setting; cook onion, capsicum and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add cumin, oregano and chilli; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3Add quinoa, salsa, stock and beans; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low setting, for 2½ hours.
- 4Add corn kernels to cooker; cook, covered, on high, for 30 minutes or until corn is tender. Season to taste.
- 5Serve chilli topped with coriander.
Serving suggestion Serve with guacamole, corn chips, sour cream and lime cheeks
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022