Looking for more Mexican-inspired vegetarian meals?
- ½ cup (100g) tri-colour quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 1 medium green capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon mexican chilli powder
- 375 grams bottled chipotle thick and chunky salsa
- 2½ cups (625ml) vegetable stock
- 800 canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 trimmed corn cobs (500g), kernels removed
- ½ cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 1Rinse quinoa well; drain.
- 2Heat oil in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker on sear (HIGH) setting; cook onion, capsicum and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add cumin, oregano and chilli; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3Add quinoa, salsa, stock and beans; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low setting, for 2½ hours.
- 4Add corn kernels to cooker; cook, covered, on high, for 30 minutes or until corn is tender. Season to taste.
- 5Serve chilli topped with coriander.
Serving suggestion Serve with guacamole, corn chips, sour cream and lime cheeks
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021