- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup (140g) dark or milk chocolate chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease and line baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Combine the sugars and flours in a large bowl.
- 3Add the combined butter, egg and essence; mix to a soft dough. Stir in the chocolate (or see notes for variations).
- 4Place level tablespoons of dough about 6cm apart on prepared trays; flatten slightly. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool on trays.
For white chocolate and cherry: stir in 1/2 cup (90g) white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup (100g) chopped red glace cherries in place of the dark chocolate chips. For pecan and raisin: stir in 1/2 cup (60g) chopped pecans and 1/2 cup (80g) chopped raisins in place of the chocolate chips. Suitable to freeze. Butter suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021