- 3 small (600g) skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 cup (80g) cornflakes
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour, extra
- vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- crinkle-cut oven fries, to serve, optional
- 1Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces.
- 2Crush the cornflakes by hand in a medium bowl or in a plastic bag until coarsely crushed. Add the flour, paprika, onion salt, pepper and sugar; season with a little sea salt. Beat the eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Add the extra flour to a third bowl. Dip a few of the chicken pieces at a time into plain flour; shake away the excess flour. Dip the chicken into egg, then into the spiced cornflake mixture. Place the chicken on a plate; repeat with remaining chicken in batches.
- 3Heat about 3cm of oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Place a large wire rack over a tray. Shallow-fry the chicken pieces, in batches, for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until lightly browned all over. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon; transfer to the rack or drain on paper towels.
- 4Serve the chicken nuggets with crinkle-cut oven fries or potato wedges, if desired.
To keep the chicken warm while cooking in batches, have the oven on at about 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Draining the chicken on a wire rack helps to keep it crisp and allows heat to circulate while the chicken is being kept warm in the oven. You can serve the chicken nuggets with your favourite dipping sauce, such as sweet chilli, mayonnaise, aioli, tomato or barbecue.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm