- 3 small (600g) skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 cup (80g) cornflakes
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour, extra
- vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- crinkle-cut oven fries, to serve, optional
- 1Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces.
- 2Crush the cornflakes by hand in a medium bowl or in a plastic bag until coarsely crushed. Add the flour, paprika, onion salt, pepper and sugar; season with a little sea salt. Beat the eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Add the extra flour to a third bowl. Dip a few of the chicken pieces at a time into plain flour; shake away the excess flour. Dip the chicken into egg, then into the spiced cornflake mixture. Place the chicken on a plate; repeat with remaining chicken in batches.
- 3Heat about 3cm of oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Place a large wire rack over a tray. Shallow-fry the chicken pieces, in batches, for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until lightly browned all over. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon; transfer to the rack or drain on paper towels.
- 4Serve the chicken nuggets with crinkle-cut oven fries or potato wedges, if desired.
To keep the chicken warm while cooking in batches, have the oven on at about 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Draining the chicken on a wire rack helps to keep it crisp and allows heat to circulate while the chicken is being kept warm in the oven. You can serve the chicken nuggets with your favourite dipping sauce, such as sweet chilli, mayonnaise, aioli, tomato or barbecue.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm