- 3 small (600g) skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 cup (80g) cornflakes
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour, extra
- vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- crinkle-cut oven fries, to serve, optional
- 1Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces.
- 2Crush the cornflakes by hand in a medium bowl or in a plastic bag until coarsely crushed. Add the flour, paprika, onion salt, pepper and sugar; season with a little sea salt. Beat the eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Add the extra flour to a third bowl. Dip a few of the chicken pieces at a time into plain flour; shake away the excess flour. Dip the chicken into egg, then into the spiced cornflake mixture. Place the chicken on a plate; repeat with remaining chicken in batches.
- 3Heat about 3cm of oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Place a large wire rack over a tray. Shallow-fry the chicken pieces, in batches, for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until lightly browned all over. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon; transfer to the rack or drain on paper towels.
- 4Serve the chicken nuggets with crinkle-cut oven fries or potato wedges, if desired.
To keep the chicken warm while cooking in batches, have the oven on at about 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Draining the chicken on a wire rack helps to keep it crisp and allows heat to circulate while the chicken is being kept warm in the oven. You can serve the chicken nuggets with your favourite dipping sauce, such as sweet chilli, mayonnaise, aioli, tomato or barbecue.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021