Our quick chicken casserole is packed full of the fresh flavours of lemon, thyme, wine, and potatoes and can be on the table in under an hour.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 baby new potatoes (400g), halved
- 2 small red onions (200g), quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets (1.2kg)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
- 1Heat oil in a large casserole dish over medium heat. Add potato and onion, cut-sides down; cook for 1½ minutes each side or until browned. Add garlic and thyme; stir for 1 minute or until fragrant; remove vegetables and thyme from pan.
- 2Make 3 deep cuts into the skin-side of each cutlet. Heat same pan over high heat; cook chicken, skin-side down, for 2 minutes, turn, cook for a further 2 minutes or until browned. Top with potato mixture.
- 3Add lemon juice, wine and stock to pan; season well. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook for a further 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potato is tender.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Serve casserole sprinkled with parsley, and accompany with crusty bread to mop up the cooking juices.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021