This chicken cacciatore with tomatoes, onions, and a dash of wine will be ready in under an hour. We've added salami and olives for extra flavour and potatoes to satisfy.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 x 180g chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 10 baby new potatoes (400g), sliced into thin rounds
- 130 grams sliced salami, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- ½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 400 grams canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- ¾ cup (200g) whole sicilian green olives
- 5 each sprigs fresh thyme and basil
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup fresh small basil leaves, torn
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Heat oil in a large casserole over medium-high heat, add chicken, skin-side down; cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Remove from pan.
- 3Add potato, salami, onion, garlic and fennel to same pan; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion is golden.
- 4Add wine to the pan; stir to combine. Add tomatoes, stock, olives, herb sprigs and chicken; bring to the boil. Transfer to oven; bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Sprinkle cacciatore with parmesan and basil leaves. Served with crusty bread if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021