- 170 gram asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 60 gram green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) frozen peas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) pouring cream
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) sour cream
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ribbons
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cup (225 grams) plain flour
- 125 gram cold butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon iced water, approximately
- 1Make shortcrust pastry.
- 2Oil a 24cm round loose-based flan tin. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin. Lift pastry into tin; press into side, trim edge. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 4Place tin on oven tray; cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake 5 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- 5Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus, beans and peas, separately, until just tender; drain. Refresh under cold water.
- 6In a large jug, whisk eggs, cream and sour cream together; season. Arrange asparagus, beans, peas and zucchini in pastry case; sprinkle with onion. Pour over egg mixture. Bake about 45 minutes or until just set. Sprinkle with mint leaves.
- 7Blend or process flour and butter until crumbly. Add egg yolk and most of the water; process until ingredients just come together. Enclose in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019