- 50 gram butter
- 300 millilitre cream
- 50 gram gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup (50g) finely grated fontina cheese
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1Melt butter in medium frying pan, add cream; bring to the boil then reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until mixture reduces by half.
- 2Remove pan from heat; add cheeses gradually, stirring, until sauce is almost smooth.
- 3Serve sauce with gnocchi or pasta, if you like.
Serve this sauce immediately on 500g freshly cooked rigatoni or other short pasta to serve 4 as a main course or 6 as a starter. Use other cheeses if the ones here are unavailable. Gruyère, provolone, raclette, vintage cheddar or a mild blue are all great possibilities.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022