- 2 1/2 cup (375g) ‘00’ flour, bread flour or plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoon (7g) dried yeast
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoon fine table salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) warm water, approximately
- 4 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (80g) seeded black olives, halved
- 32 white anchovy fillets (80g)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed
- 200 gram taleggio cheese, sliced thinly
- 1Make pizza dough: Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in the centre. Stir in oil and enough of the water to mix to a soft dough. Knead dough on a floured surface for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large oiled bowl, cover; stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth.
- 2Preheat oven to 240°C. Oil oven trays; place in heated oven.
- 3Divide dough into 16 portions; roll each portion into 10cm x 15cm ovals. Place on trays.
- 4Spread bases with sauce; top with garlic, olives, anchovies, capers and cheese. Season.
- 5Bake pizzettas for 10 minutes or until bases are browned and crisp.
Roll the dough as thinly as you can and don’t worry about uneven shapes, it gives the pizzettas a rustic charm. We used an arrabbiata-style pasta sauce for this recipe; it is a tomato-based pasta sauce that has been infused with chilli, onion, garlic and sometimes pancetta. Use any bottled tomato pasta sauce you prefer. White anchovy fillets are available from most delis.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019