- 60 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup cooked (440g) mashed pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cup (375g) self-raising flour
- bicarb soda
- milk, for glazing
- 1Preheat oven 220°C (200°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and egg yolk together in a small bowl with an electric beater until combined; transfer to a larger bowl and stir in mashed pumpkin.
- 3Add self raising flour, salt and bicarb soda and mix until just combined.
- 4Place dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly. Roll or pat dough out to approx 2cm thick.
- 5Cut scones out using a 5cm cookie cutter and place onto tray. Brush tops of scones lightly with a little milk.
- 6Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.