- 4 baby beetroot (beets) (100g)
- 800 gram piece pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into eight wedges
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 40 gram mesclun
- 1 cup (120g) coarsely chopped roasted pecans
- 200 gram ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground lemon myrtle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Remove unblemished leaves from beetroot; reserve. Peel and halve beetroot.
- 3Combine beetroot, pumpkin and oil in large shallow baking dish. Roast, uncovered, turning occasionally, about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Meanwhile, to make lemon myrtle dressing, place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well.
- 5Combine vegetables, beetroot leaves, mesclun, nuts and cheese in large bowl; drizzle with dressing.
Ground lemon myrtle is available from specialist spice shops and some gourmet food stores. Lemon myrtle is a small tree that grows in sub-tropical and tropical rainforest areas of Queensland. Ground lemon myrtle is a ground mixture of the dried leaf and flower; it has a strong lemon flavour. If you can't find it, use 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022