- 1 quantity home-made pasta dough
- parmesan cheese flakes, optional, for serving
- 1 kilogram butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 100 gram ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup (50g) grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup (50g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch fresh sage leaves
- 1To make pumpkin cheese filling, preheat the oven to moderately hot (200°C/180°C fan-forced). Place pumpkin on a lightly oiled tray; roast for about 30 minutes or until tender. Cool. Process pumpkin until smooth; add remaining ingredients, process until smooth.
- 2Roll dough to the thinnest setting on a pasta machine. As soon as the dough is rolled into sheets, prepare the ravioli - don't allow the pasta to dry out. Roll two sheets at a time and keep the remaining dough wrapped in plastic. Place the pasta sheet on a semolina-dusted surface.
- 3Place rounded teaspoons of pumpkin cheese filling about 5cm apart in 2 rows, 2cm from the edges. Brush around the filling with a little water. Place another freshly rolled pasta sheet on top.
- 4Press around each piece of filling to exclude the air. Cut into squares or rounds using a knife or cutter. Place ravioli on a tray dusted with a little semolina. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets, filling and water
- 5Add ravioli, in batches, to a large pan of boiling salted water; simmer, uncovered, until pasta is just tender. After about 3 minutes; remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- 6Meanwhile, to make the sage butter, melt the butter in a frying pan; add garlic and sage leaves, heat until butter is just beginning to colour.
- 7Serve ravioli with sage butter and parmesan flakes, if desired.
As ravioli is time-consuming to prepare, you might like to make this large batch and freeze half for another meal. Or, halve the recipe, if you prefer. Open-freeze the ravioli on trays in a single layer until solid, then pack into airtight containers or freezer bags.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021