- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 125 gram cold butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoon cold water, approximately filling
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (160ml) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg pinch ground allspice
- 1Sift flours and sugar into medium bowl, rub in butter. Add enough water to make ingredients cling together. Press dough into a ball, knead gently on floured surface until smooth, cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Roll dough on floured surface until large enough to line 23cm (9¼-inch) pie plate. Lift pastry into pie plate, ease into side, trim edge. Use scraps of pastry to make a double edge of pastry, trim and decorate edge.
- 3Place pie plate on oven tray, line pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake pie 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans, bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned, cool. Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 4Meanwhile, make filling. Beat eggs, sugar and maple syrup in small bowl with electric mixer until thick. Stir in pumpkin, milk and spices.
- 5Pour filling into pastry case, bake about 50 minutes or until filling is set, cool. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpToday 1:00pm
- French toastToday 1:00pm
- Honey joysToday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019