Pumpkin citrus cake
- 250 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin (cooked, 350g)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
Pumpkin citrus syrup cake
- 1Grease a deep 23cm round cake pan, line base with paper; grease paper.
- 2Cream butter, rinds and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, add egg yolks; beat until combined. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in half the sifted flour with half the cold pumpkin, then stir in remaining flour and pumpkin.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl until soft peaks form, fold through cake mixture. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake in moderate oven for about 1 hour,
- 4Prepare syrup close to the end of baking. Combine lemon juice, orange juice and sugar in saucepan. Stir constantly over heat without boiling until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer 2 minutes without stirring.
- 5Pour hot syrup over hot cake. Stand 10 minutes, before turning on to wire rack to cool.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardYesterday 2:44am
- Cottage pieMay 23, 2022
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeMay 23, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaMay 23, 2022
- Shortbread buttonsMay 23, 2022
- 20 sensational schnitzelsMay 23, 2022
- Winter vegetable bake with tahini-seed crumbleMay 23, 2022
- Italian chicken schnitzelMay 23, 2022