- 300 grams peeled pumpkin, chopped coarsely (see tip)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 cup (150g) red lentil flour
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted (see tip)
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 1Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin for 10 minutes or until just tender; drain. Blend or process pumpkin with the water until smooth; push pumpkin puree through a medium sieve into a bowl. You will need 1½ cups puree.
- 2Sift flours and salt into a medium bowl; stir in seeds. Make a well in the centre; stir in oil and enough of the pumpkin puree to form a soft dough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap; stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Divide dough into six portions; roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface into a 26cm round. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one wrap to the pan; cook on one side for 30 seconds or until starting to brown. Turn, cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer wrap to a clean tea towel; cover to keep soft.
- 4Repeat with the remaining wraps, stacking wraps and covering as they cook to keep soft. Use wraps warm or cooled. Fill wraps with a selection of meat and salad and roll up, or serve warm with meat or vegetable curries.
We used jap pumpkin in this recipe; you will need to buy about 500g. The moisture content of different pumpkin varieties will vary. To toast cumin seeds, place in a small dry frying pan; stir seeds constantly over medium heat for 1 minute or until fragrant. Best made on day of serving. Can be frozen for up to 2 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019