Looking for more tasty filo pastry recipes?
- 2 kilogram kent or jap pumpkin, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 20 grams butter, chopped
- 2 medium brown onions (300g), sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 400 grams canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200 grams fetta, crumbled
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 125 grams butter, melted, extra, approximately
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Combine pumpkin, oil, butter, onion, garlic and spices in a large bowl. Place mixture on prepared trays, season; roast for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- 3Transfer pumpkin mixture to a large bowl; coarsely mash. Stir in chickpeas, parsley and fetta.
- 4Lightly oil a 24cm (9½-inch) round springform pan. To prevent pastry from drying out, cover it with a barely damp tea towel until ready to use. Layer 2 sheets of pastry together, brushing each with a little of the extra melted butter. Fold layered sheets in half lengthways; place in prepared pan with edges overhanging. Repeat with another 8 pastry sheets and more extra butter, overlapping strips clockwise around pan until covered.
- 5Spoon pumpkin mixture onto pastry in pan; fold overhanging edges of pastry back onto filling.
- 6Layer remaining 2 pastry sheets with more extra butter; fold in half crossways, buttered sides together. Place pastry on top of pie; tuck in edges. Brush top lightly with more extra butter. Bake for 35 minutes or until browned and heated through. Stand in pan for 15 minutes before removing from pan and serving.
Recipe is not suitable to freeze or microwave.Serve with a baby spinach salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeToday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020