- 200 gram (1 large) potato, peeled, chopped
- 7 gram (2 teaspoons) dried yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 250 millilitre (1 cup) warm water
- 320 gram (2 cups) wholemeal plain flour
- 150 gram (1 cup) rye flour
- 35 gram (1/4 cup) maize flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 gram (1/3 cup) bran cereal
- 2 tablespoon roasted buckwheat
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 20 gram butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon treacle
- 1Lightly grease and flour 14cm x 21 cm loaf pan. Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain, mash, cool.
- 2Combine yeast, sugar and half the water in small bowl, cover, stand about 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- 3Sift flours and salt into bowl, add bran cereal, buckwheat and seeds. Stir in potato, yeast mixture and combined remaining water, butter and treacle; mix to a soft dough. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead about 5 minutes or until smooth. Place dough in large oiled bowl, cover, stand in warm place about 1 hour or until dough is doubled in size.
- 4Turn dough onto floured surface, knead until smooth. Return dough to large oiled bowl, cover, stand about 1 hour or until dough is doubled in size. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead until smooth; shape dough to fit prepared pan. Cover with damp cloth, stand in warm place about 1 hour or until dough reaches top of pan. Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes or until bread is browned and sounds hollow when tapped. Cool on wire rack.
Recipe best made a day ahead. Storage: Airtight container. Freeze: Suitable. Microwave: Potato suitable.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020