- 60 gram butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 24 large (150g) white and pink marshmallows
- 300 gram dark chocolate
- 150 gram white chocolate melts
- 12 red glacé cherries
- 6 green glacé cherries
- 1Beat butter, egg, sugar and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa. Knead until dough forms. Enclose dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 3Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a 4.5cm round cutter, cut 24 rounds from dough, re-rolling scraps as necessary. Place the rounds about 2.5cm apart on trays. Bake for 10 minutes
- 4Remove cookies from oven; immediately press 1 marshmallow on top of each hot cookie. Return to oven for 1 minute. Cool on trays.
- 5Meanwhile, melt dark chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water (don't let the water touch the base of the bowl). Place cookies on a wire rack over a baking paper-lined tray. Spoon the chocolate over biscuits to completely cover the marshmallows. Stand cookies at room temperature until chocolate sets.
- 6Melt white chocolate melts as in step 5. Cut the red cherries in half. Cut each green cherry into 8 wedges. Working with one cookie at a time, spoon a small amount of white chocolate on top of each cookie; position one red cherry half and two green cherry wedges on each cookie. Stand at room temperature until set.
Chocolate can be melted in microwave
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am